1. Former cardiovascular medical director drops lawsuit against Cape Cod Hospital, CEO Full story
2. 12 states with the highest heart disease death rates Full story
3. Dr. Charles Geller named chair of cardiothoracic surgery at Deborah Heart and Lung Center Full story
4. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
5. Cardiovascular Institute of the South strikes private equity partnership Full story
6. Top 10 cardiology stories of January Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
2. 5 CIOs on their top labor challenges and how tech can help. Get best practices from Seattle Children's, WakeMed Health and 3 other systems
3. Listen, understand, act — 3 steps to meet healthcare's empathy imperative. Learn more here.