1. Daily US cases hit new high; White House reconvenes task force — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
2. Trump administration asks Supreme Court to strike down ACA Full story
3. Texas, Florida pause reopening plans + 6 more updates from states with largest COVID-19 case increases Full story
4. According to new research from Lumeon, nearly 70% of hospital leaders believe patient fears of COVID-19 infection will delay elective surgeries for at least the next six months. Learn more about how health systems are perceiving the impact of COVID-19 on their operations, and how they’re tackling getting back to surgery.
5. HCA nurses launch 10-day strike at California hospital Full story
6. America's physician shortage could top 139,000 by 2033 Full story
7. Healthcare is a team sport. Click here to join your peers virtually to hear insights on cultivating healthcare's most indelible resource — its people.
8. CMS' proposed home health payment rule for 2021: 3 things to know Full story
9. 873 Lee Health workers apply for voluntary buyouts, sign up for sabbaticals Full story
10. CommonSpirit strikes partnership to offer direct-to-employer primary care Full story
11. Nurse recruiting and retention amid COVID-19 and beyond: A fireside chat with Stanford Health Care's CHRO. Click here to attend the virtual event.
12. North Carolina health system CMO, CFO to step down Full story
13. Primary care practices could take $15B hit this year due to COVID-19 Full story
14. Quorum Health sells Illinois hospital Full story
15. No more Band-Aid solutions — 4 Black healthcare leaders on why it's time to treat racism like the systemic disease it is Full story