1. Model predicts 200K new cases daily by June; toxic shock-like symptoms may be tied to COVID-19 — 5 updates Full story
2. How much federal COVID-19 aid are hospitals getting? A state-by-state analysis Full story
3. Hoag sues to end Providence affiliation Full story
4. Stories from the New York Epicenter: Hear an anesthesiologist’s perspective on serving during peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Listen Now.
5. HCA acquires 2 Florida hospitals Full story
6. Tenet swings to profit in Q1 despite hit from COVID-19 Full story
7. Becker's survey: Is your organization ready to capitalize on new CMS payments? Click here to participate.
8. More cuts coming at Allina Health: 'We need to go deeper' Full story
9. DMC hospital cleared by state, feds of reported infection control, nurse staffing violations Full story
10. Fair price for remdesivir is $4,460 per patient, ICER review finds Full story
11. 3 must reads:
- More satisfied patients = More patient payments. Click here for a 4-step plan to improve the patient financial experience co-developed by Ernst & Young.
- Do your digital tools improve patient care? Click here to see to improve HIT usability.
- Healthcare accounts for 60% of all data breaches at an annual cost of about $1.2 billion. Click here to learn how to protect your hospital from both internal and external threats.
12. Trump nominates assistant US attorney for HHS inspector general role Full story
13. Hospitals get help from insurers with improved balance sheets Full story
14. Michigan Medicine to furlough 1,400 employees, delay building $920M hospital Full story
15. 234 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19 Full story