1. New York City nurses end strike as tentative agreements reached: 8 things to know Full story
2. 20 hospitals with highest contract labor expenses Full story
3. HHS extends COVID-19 public health emergency to April Full story
4. What’s shaping healthcare in 2023? Leaders are clear—it’s time for a renewed focus on patient experience that puts fundamentals first. This trend and more are unlocked in the 2023 Experience Perspective.
5. Adverse events occur in 24% of admissions, study suggests Full story
6. Tenet to sell California hospital Full story
7. Our Annual Meeting features 7 panel tracks about executive strategy, thought leadership, revenue cycle, health IT, nursing, pharmacy, health equity and more. Apply to become a reviewer today.
8. Mark Cuban's pharmacy partners with 3rd PBM Full story
9. 2 charged in assaults against Mayo workers Full story
10. Providence divisional CEO leaves for City of Hope Full story
11. Are you making sense of your healthcare organization's data? Get tips on interpreting and drawing value from raw data in this discussion.
12. UPMC to raise minimum wage to $18 an hour Full story
13. A painful downside of home care: Insufficient CLABSI surveillance Full story
14. Optum partners with Owensboro Health, scoops up 575 employees Full story
15. HHS decides on 3 Inflation Reduction Act deadlines Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
2. 5 health systems' most valuable patient experience strategy + 9 telehealth tips for clinicians and more. Here are 10 Becker's must-reads on technology and the patient experience.
3. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn