1. CEO, CFO resign from California hospital Full story
2. Adena to cut 69 positions, send 340 RCM employees to Ensemble amid restructuring Full story
3. Lawmakers go after UPMC Full story
4. Amid closures, the (brighter) future of rural hospitals demands better margins + smoother operations. Learn how some execs are keeping their rural orgs thriving in an unforgiving environment.
5. 8 RCM companies making executive moves Full story
6. Illinois hospital to temporarily close after ER provider contract terminated Full story
7. Woman fatally shoots terminally ill husband at Florida hospital campus in intended murder-suicide, police say Full story
8. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
9. Dartmouth Health freezes hiring, plans job reviews Full story
10. Hospitals have more questions than answers on noncompetes amid FTC proposal Full story
11. 10 providers seeking RCM talent Full story
12. More than 10% of your organization's lab spend is probably unnecessary. Learn how to pinpoint wasteful spending and reduce laboratory costs.
13. Louisiana clinic owner sentenced to 6 years in prison for $1.8M Medicaid fraud scheme Full story
14. 10 largest independent hospitals in America Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
2. Don't leave money on the table — see how Sanford Health saved millions with these inventory management tools.
3. Half of denials stem from front-end revenue cycle errors. Reverse the trend with tips from this short report.