1. CEO of 24 nursing homes charged with 12 counts of fraud, conspiracy Full story
2. Iowa nursing home patient found breathing hours after pronounced dead Full story
3. States take action against nurses tied to degree scheme Full story
4. Patient engagement — a mainstay of hospital & health system priority lists, yet most still grapple with low ratings. These execs will tell you why + share tangible tactics for improvement.
5. 2 Ohio skilled nursing facilities to close, affecting 187 workers Full story
6. Are nursing home deaths amid a power outage manslaughter? Florida court to decide Full story
7. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
8. CMS grants Laguna Honda hospital extended patient discharge grace period Full story
9. Michigan nursing home owner must pay $69K in unpaid OT Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Just 1 in 10 CKD patients get proper care. Learn how data + AI are changing the kidney care paradigm from costly, urgent treatment to preventative and cost-effective care.
2. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
3. Telehealth has transcended its 'pandemic solution' status — it's a pillar of patient-centered care. Learn why 61% of execs in Becker's-Teladoc Health's survey are growing their virtual care programs + other findings.