1. 128 nursing homes closed in 2022: Numbers by state Full story
2. Some nurses with phony degrees work at long-term care facilities, feds say Full story
3. The housing crisis strands many with disabilities in nursing homes. A lawsuit wants to change that. Full story
4. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
5. New standardized hand-off procedure reduced late medication administration by 77% Full story
6. Federal, state governments cracking down on nursing home payments to affiliated companies Full story
7. Inflation is pressuring margins and stressing supply chains. Here's how to create a more collaborative, flexible and cost-effective supply chain.
8. California nursing home hit with $30.9M verdict for elder abuse Full story
9. UT Health taps CEO for long-term care facilities Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. Just 1 in 10 CKD patients get proper care. Learn how data + AI are changing the kidney care paradigm from costly, urgent treatment to preventative and cost-effective care.
3. It's time to give nurses more control over their work schedules. See how Novant Health is doing it here.