1. New payer price transparency rules take effect Jan. 1 Full story
2. Centene expecting $137M in revenue in 2023 Full story
3. BCBS Mississippi, UMMC end bitter dispute Full story
4. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
5. 9 recent payer exec moves Full story
6. Minnesota AG looking into Mayo Clinic's bill collection practices Full story
7. BCBS Massachusetts adds health equity to value-based contracts with 4 systems
8. 6 Optum provider purchases in 2022
9. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
10. Lawmakers concerned over payers with Medicare Advantage fraud allegations participating in ACO model Full story
11. 11 called-off hospital deals Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
2. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
3. Still playing a guessing game to determine who will show up for their appointment? Here's the digital upgrade this Ohio hospital took to end it.