1. CMS proposes rule to further overhaul Medicare Advantage marketing, prior authorization Full story
2. Centene names new president, COO
3. Healthcare spending hit $4.3 trillion in 2021: 7 things to know Full story
4. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
5. Knowing where Medicare Advantage dollars go is top priority, CMS administrator says
6. Emory hospital nurses no longer employed after 'icks' TikTok video about patients
7. SCAN Group, CareOregon to combine
8. 6 recently inked payer-provider contracts
9. How 4 health systems fill behavioral health gaps with automated care programs.
10. What 5 payer CEOs said about mental healthcare in 2022 Full story
11. UnitedHealth in the headlines: 9 recent developments Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.
2. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
3. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.