1. UnitedHealthcare loses to TeamHealth — again — over alleged underpayments
2. Highmark's insurance business reports $600M in operating gains Full story
3. Insurers end gold-card programs for these 3 reasons Full story
4. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
5. Where 11 payers are exiting markets for 2023 Full story
6. Regence BlueShield Washington, Optum-owned Everett Clinic at contract impasse Full story
7. 'A disaster scenario': Payers, providers urge Congress to extend HDHP telehealth flexibilities as expiration looms Full story
8. The 'great remote work mismatch' Full story
9. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
10. Florida's Medicaid administrator departing role Full story
11. 5,000 enroll in Colorado pilot program to insure undocumented residents Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.
2. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
3. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.