1. Why Centene quietly bought the St. Louis Ritz-Carlton Full story
2. Larry Ellison wants a national healthcare database with Cerner Full story
3. Blue Cross of California fined $1.1M, will reimburse enrollees $9.2M Full story
4. Payer trends bootcamp 2022: Get up to speed on regulatory changes and consumer trends during this OnDemand session.
5. UnitedHealthcare names regional CEO of commercial operations Full story
6. Hospital cost-cutting plans aren't working Full story
7. Optum, Anthem among backers of value-based care startup's $140M financing round Full story
8. Healthcare-sharing ministry mistaken for payer draws hundreds of complaints Full story
9. AdventHealth and Texas Health Resources are bucking the care delivery status quo. See how these systems and 2 others are moving care to the home to free up hospital capacity and increase revenue here.
10. BCBS, U of Mississippi Medical Center negotiations moving at 'snail's pace,' state says Full story
11. Average per person Medicare spending by age Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Inefficient medical device management is threatening retention and patient safety. Here are 5 strategies for hospitals to change that.
2. 92% of physicians say prior authorization delays necessary care. See how insurers are tapping AI to prevent harmful delays and improve the patient and provider experience here.
3. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.