1. UnitedHealth to acquire struggling specialty pharmacy
2. Pharmaceutical layoffs up nearly 6% from last year
3. 2018 retail drug costs decreased for first time in 45 years
4. Best practices for the safe handling of hazardous drugs — How to prepare for USP <800>.
5. Community Healthcare System pharmacy manager: Pharmacy leaders must be 'flexible and agile' Full story
6. Partnerships are key to Walgreens' survival, CEO says
7. High drug costs are pushing patients to abandon medication. Click here to learn what providers can do about it.
8. Larger chunk of hospital drug spending going toward cancer treatments, study finds Full story
9. UPMC to close hospital in 2020 Full story
10. Serious drug side effects likely underreported to FDA, study finds Full story
11. 4 ways patient safety is at risk in your hospital — Here's how technology can help. Click here to read the eGuide.
12. Eli Lilly, Takeda face claims they hid link between their drug and bladder cancer Full story