1. Hospitals can profit from outpatient specialty drugs, but it's risky, Moody's says Full story
2. A timeline of opioid settlements in 2019 Full story
3. Alkermes to cut 160 jobs after $54M loss Full story
4. Beyond opioids: Hospital for Special Surgery's clinical care coordinator will weigh in on emerging approaches to pain management during this live discussion.
5. Join 180+ hospital and health system leader speakers + keynotes Magic Johnson, Howard Dean, Rick Santorum and Ellen Latham for Becker's Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference, May 19-21, 2020. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Centura Health opens retail pharmacy Full story
7. Biogen CEO confident Alzheimer's drug will get FDA approval Full story
8. 3 Must Reads:
- 7 million people are living with a non-healing wound right now. Here's what 300+ hospitals are doing about it. Click here to read the white paper
- In just one year, 16M patient records were exposed or stolen in the US - Learn how to help protect your patient’s data
- Clinicians need your help. 65% say they can't seek help for burnout because their organization lacks resources. Click here to read the report.
9. Republicans have an ACA replacement plan: 5 notes
10. Pelosi's drug pricing bill to get full House vote this month Full story
11. High drug costs are pushing patients to abandon medication. Click here to learn what providers can do about it.
12. 6 recent drug, device recalls Full story