1. Drug companies reach last-minute opioid settlement before trial Full story
2. 4 states, 5 drug companies agree in principle to $48B national opioid settlement Full story
3. Novant Health leaders talk Walgreens partnership goals for 2020 Full story
4. Beyond opioids: Hospital for Special Surgery's clinical care coordinator will weigh in on emerging approaches to pain management during this live discussion.
5. Join terrific CEO keynotes including Rod Hochman of Providence St. Joseph Health; Wright Lassiter III of Henry Ford Health System; Sister Mary Haddad of Catholic Health Association of the United States; Warner Thomas of Ochsner Health System; and Michael Slubowski of Trinity Health at Becker's 11th Annual Meeting. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Pharmacy closures 'disproportionately' affect independent pharmacies, low-income neighborhoods, study finds Full story
7. Mount Carmel West Hospital, 3 pharmacists cited by pharmacy board in fatal overdoses Full story
8. High drug costs are pushing patients to abandon medication. Click here to learn what providers can do about it.
9. Sanofi recalls heartburn drug over cancer risks Full story
10. 22 hospital closures, state by state Full story
11. In just one year, 16M patient records were exposed or stolen in the US - Learn how to help protect your patient’s data
12. Merck to cut 500 US jobs Full story
13. Cheating scandal prompts California to invalidate pharmacist test scores Full story