1. Carcinogen concerns prompt Sandoz to halt global distribution of heartburn drug Full story
2. Prior authorizations making it 'as difficult as possible' for patients to get necessary medical supplies Full story
3. Lawmakers urge more FTC scrutiny for pharma mega-deals Full story
4. A 43-hospital system set out to strengthen patient loyalty by revamping the discharge experience, one of the most difficult periods of a hospital stay. Learn what came of Bon Secour Mercy Health's efforts in this live discussion.
5. Thrilled to welcome industry keynotes Rasu Shrestha, MD; Carter Dredge; Jennifer Golbeck; Stephen Morgan, MD; Robert Pearl, MD; Jhaymee Tynan; and Patrice Weiss, MD, to Becker's 3rd Annual Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference, May 19-21, 2020. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Insys bankruptcy plan falls short on money owed Full story
7. Common antibiotics linked to heart valve problems, study finds Full story
8. 5 Must Reads:
- There's no one-size-fits-all approach to payer-provider partnerships, but these 6 models have worked for other organizations. Click here to read the new CFO playbook.
- Your organization can become a driver of community wellness. Read this white paper to learn how.
- Who went where and when? We've tracked 120+ executive moves, from retirements to resignations to brand new tenures and debuts. Catch up on all of them.
- Healthcare, the internet of things and blockchain — A realistic overview of the technologies changing patient care. Click here to read the white paper.
- One billion people felt the effects of healthcare data breaches in 2018. Keep your patients out of this statistic.
9. Inspector general: Part D rebates grew, but not enough to offset drug price hikes Full story
10. Hospitals win challenge to site-neutral pay cuts Full story
11. Medical staff leaders, here's how to protect your organization from negligent credentialing legal action. Click here to attend the webinar.
12. FDA partnering with other countries to improve access to cancer drugs Full story