1. Medicare spending on lab tests is increasing, OIG says Full story
2. Lab owner convicted for $463M Medicare fraud, faces years in prison Full story
3. Staffing shortages have compromised the patient experience. Intelligent automation offers a path to deliver more human-centric care. Learn how.
4. ProPhase Labs to acquire esophageal cancer screening tool Full story
5. Flu, RSV and COVID-19 coinfections: 4 updates Full story
6. US may see early peak to flu season Full story
7. Surgical days rarely go as planned. Here's how to get back to a place where disruptions are the exception vs. the norm.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000K + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.
2. Spine surgeons want better performing interbody cages. A new porous PEEK technology will become the gold standard. See this white paper with key findings from in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
3. Your patients hate outdated interfaces. Learn how 3 leading health systems use intelligent automation to augment their EHR and drive better patient engagement.