1. Colorado hospital opens new $52.8M lab Full story
2. Labcorp to pay whistleblowers $19M to settle kickback, false claims lawsuit Full story
3. Patient engagement — a mainstay of hospital & health system priority lists, yet most still grapple with low ratings. These execs will tell you why + share tangible tactics for improvement.
4. The key to reinvigorating infection control? Getting back to basics, says Mount Sinai's Dr. Aaron Glatt Full story
5. Avian flu's spread to mammals: A timeline Full story
6. Hospitals prepare for the next virus surge: 5 leaders weigh in Full story
7. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth has transcended its 'pandemic solution' status — it's a pillar of patient-centered care. Learn why 61% of execs in Becker's-Teladoc Health's survey are growing their virtual care programs + other findings.
2. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
3. Making sense of clinical data can be like drinking from a fire hose. Overcome these 6 obstacles to eliminate confusion and paint a more accurate picture of patients' health.