1. Breakthrough discovery could allow urine tests to detect liver cancer Full story
2. Texas lab tech arrested for role in $7M fraudulent COVID-19 testing scheme Full story
3. Contingent staffing is expensive and hard to manage. Learn how to create your own internal agency & save 10% to 15% on staffing costs without sacrificing personnel quality.
4. New omicron strain now makes up 40% of US cases: 3 notes Full story
5. New blood test effectively detects biomarker of Alzheimer's disease: Pitt study Full story
6. CDC's FluView report: 7 things to know Full story
7. Staffing shortages have compromised the patient experience. Intelligent automation offers a path to deliver more human-centric care. Learn how.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. There's no reason pharmacy staff should still be playing phone tag to confirm medication history. See how Cone Health cut the inefficiency.