1. 3 states slide nurse-staffing mandates on the table Full story
2. California health system cuts 94 jobs Full story
3. 8 layoff dos and don'ts Full story
4. Nurses demand more flexible schedules. See how hospitals can deliver on this promise — while lowering labor costs — here.
5. US job market still missing 2.6 million people Full story
6. Physicians at 4 Sutter Health campuses seek to unionize Full story
7. New York City public-sector nurses rally after strike at private hospitals Full story
8. 75% of nurses eye exit as staffing pressures mount Full story
9. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
10. Deaf woman settles discrimination suit against Minnesota system for $180K Full story
11. Mass General Hospital launches healthcare leadership program Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
2. 60% of physicians say administrative work drives burnout. Discover how industry leaders are restoring joy in the clinical setting through human-centered design, automation and ‘a platform of health.’
3. What does a sustainable workforce look like in healthcare today? Check in with 150 C-suite leaders to learn the 5 traits of a sustainable workforce and healthcare's top workforce investment priorities for 2023.