1. 20 hospitals with highest contract labor expenses Full story
2. New York City nurses end strike as tentative agreements reached: 8 things to know Full story
3. Optum partners with 2nd healthcare system in a matter of days, adding almost 2,000 employees Full story
4. Digital transformation in healthcare is a bumpy ride, but the CIO + CFO relationship might be the silver bullet. Learn how Geisinger leverages this strategic partnership to drive transformation.
5. Best places to work in healthcare for 2023, per Glassdoor Full story
6. Las Vegas hospital issues alert of 970 layoffs Full story
7. 8 healthcare companies offering the most remote jobs Full story
8. UPMC to raise minimum wage to $18 an hour Full story
9. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
10. Geisinger commits to continued security training after employee was shot, killed outside hospital Full story
11. What makes an interim stick? Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 28% of decision makers aren't familiar with health plan wrap networks. Get your HR department up to speed on this critical network here.
2. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
3. 60% of physicians say administrative work drives burnout. Discover how industry leaders are restoring joy in the clinical setting through human-centered design, automation and ‘a platform of health.’