1. Average CFO pay by sector — healthcare ranks 19th Full story
2. US News won't rank honor roll hospitals Full story
3. Tennessee orthopedic surgeon killed by patient: Police Full story
4. Mismanaged medical equipment is costing you. Turn that into savings with this approach.
5. Oregon system in 'financial crisis' to offload labs Full story
6. As some New York hospitals halted medical debt lawsuits, 17 sued patients for $9M: Report Full story
7. HonorHealth to buy 26 urgent care centers from FastMed Full story
8. CFO joins New York system after exiting Banner Full story
9. Leaders from Jefferson Health, BJC + more advocated for imaging innovation that met budgets and improved patient care at their systems. Learn how they did it here.
10. Healthcare may be entering a period of stabilization after crisis mode of recent years: Kaufman Hall Full story
11. 9 recent health system downgrades and outlook revisions Full story
12. Maine to investigate, publicly report hospital facility fees under new law Full story
13. The growing accountant shortage is showing up in financial statements Full story
14. Northwell Health receives $10M gift Full story
15. With slim budgets, hospitals can't afford to invest in the wrong technology. Learn how to sharpen your team's IT decision-making processes here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. One point of the care journey can unlock prompt patient payments. Learn how these major health systems are approaching billing + why personalizing the process is key.
2. Organizations might be leaving up to $26K per employee on the table by overlooking this form of financial relief. Learn more here.
3. Satisfied customers are 5x more likely to renew their health insurance. Execs from Highmark Health, McKinsey & more share strategies for keeping members happy and boosting revenue in this free e-book.