1. 10 health systems with strong finances Full story
2. Jefferson Health reorganizing, executive job cuts coming Full story
3. HCA disputes claims of understaffing facilities to focus on profits Full story
4. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
5. ProMedica to lay off 262 Full story
6. Hospitals must scale to thrive, but many seeking partnerships to survive Full story
7. Tenet to sell California hospital Full story
8. MedPAC pushes Congress for slight hospital pay bump in 2024 Full story
9. 2023 will bring more financial headwinds. Some health systems are better prepared than others. Is your hospital ready? Find out during this live financial forecast.
10. UnitedHealth Group posts $4.9B Q4 profit Full story
11. UPMC to raise minimum wage to $18 an hour Full story
12. Former CFO named president of 2 Mercy hospitals Full story
13. $3M loan gives Hazel Hawkins more time to fix fiscal emergency Full story
14. Fed could raise interest rates to 6%, JPMorgan CEO says Full story
15. Process improvement — an age-old endeavor — now has next-generation solutions. Is your technology up to date? Learn how some healthcare orgs are getting ROI in as little as four months.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.
2. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
3. Even small finance teams have big reporting challenges. Here's how the CFO of a small home healthcare provider found the right tool to achieve seamless financial operations.