1. New York City nurses end strike as tentative agreements reached: 8 notes Full story
2. 20 hospitals with highest contract labor expenses Full story
3. AdventHealth unveils 2023 balance sheet projections Full story
4. How does today's OR leader ignite growth without running staff ragged? Learn the strategies Allina Health used to do just that.
5. 14 highest-paid healthcare jobs in 2023 Full story
6. HHS extends COVID-19 public health emergency to April Full story
7. Inflation eases to 6.5%, beating expectations again Full story
8. 2022 was bad. 2023 may have some light at the end of the tunnel, Fitch says: 5 things to know Full story
9. Our Annual Meeting features 7 panel tracks about executive strategy, thought leadership, revenue cycle, health IT, nursing, pharmacy, health equity and more. Apply to become a reviewer today.
10. Viewpoint: Single-payer system could ease hospitals' financial woes Full story
11. Baystate Health reports $327M loss amid labor pressures, investment decline Full story
12. 'The time to act is now': Rural hospital to join Northeast Georgia Health System Full story
13. CMS to post 10 Part D drugs in price negotiation program by Sept. 1 Full story
14. California county eyes options to save lone community hospital Full story
15. Frustrated with on-call scheduling mishaps? Learn how Children’s Hospital Colorado linked provider scheduling with its EMR for efficiency and improved satisfaction.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
2. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
3. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.