1. Every rural hospital closure in the COVID-19 era, by state Full story
2. IU Health updates scope of $2.3B hospital project Full story
3. CarePoint and Alaris reach settlement, ending lengthy legal clash Full story
4. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
5. CVS exploring $10B acquisition of Oak Street Health Full story
6. Viewpoint: Congress must overhaul 'dysfunctional' healthcare system, Bernie Sanders writes Full story
7. Return to profitability some years off, Fairview says as it reports losses Full story
8. Texas HCA affiliate names new president, CFO Full story
9. 2023 will bring more financial headwinds. Some health systems are better prepared than others. Is your hospital ready? Find out during this live financial forecast.
10. Mississippi hospital taking donations to try to stay afloat Full story
11. Rite Aid CEO abruptly exits Full story
12. New York governor unveils $1B plan to tackle mental illness Full story
13. Former Florida physician gets 20 years prison in largest case of its kind ever Full story
14. Best Buy founder's charity pledges $5.5M to Children's Minnesota Full story
15. Our Annual Meeting features 7 panel tracks about executive strategy, thought leadership, revenue cycle, health IT, nursing, pharmacy, health equity and more. Apply to become a reviewer today.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
2. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
3. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.