1. 6 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
2. Michael Dowling: Healthcare leaders' great return to normalcy Full story
3. HCA's Medical City Healthcare in talks to acquire Wise Health System Full story
4. Surgical days rarely go as planned. Here's how to get back to a place where disruptions are the exception vs. the norm.
5. 100 hospitals with the worst margins nationwide, ranked Full story
6. Kansas hospital reinstates CEO on administrative leave Full story
7. Base salaries for 14 physician specialties Full story
8. Judge orders vendor to return EHR data to CommonSpirit Health Full story
9. In less than a year, University of Kansas Health System transformed its approach to OR utilization with impressive results. Click here to learn how.
10. More NYC hospitals reach tentative deals as others prepare for strike Full story
11. Lancaster General rescinds $25 per employee holiday gift amid 'challenging economic times' Full story
12. US News changes law school ranking after backlash from top contenders Full story
13. Thinking about upgrading your IT infrastructure? Learn why Sentara Healthcare's CTO embraced a multi-cloud strategy to advance the system's digital transformation.
14. 5 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
2. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how three hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.