1. Spread of COVID-19 could last into 2021; WHO says pandemic risk is 'very real' Full story
2. 8 hospitals have closed so far this year -- here's why Full story
3. NYU Langone-Brooklyn bumps pay for 900 nurses Full story
4. Are you prepared for the coronavirus? Listen to the story behind the second confirmed case in the U.S. and learn how to prepare your hospital and clinicians for this global epidemic. Listen Now.
5. Thrilled to welcome keynotes Magic Johnson, Howard Dean, Rick Santorum and Ellen Latham to Becker's 3rd Annual Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy Conference, May 19-21, at the Swissotel, Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Federal agencies crack down on fake coronavirus cures Full story
7. 619-bed California hospital to join Cedars-Sinai Health System Full story
8. The drug partnership playbook — How health systems can drive growth through the pharmacy. Click here to attend the webinar.
9. 8 hospital construction projects costing $1B or more Full story
10. New York hospital shuts down ORs after state inspection Full story
11. HCA responds to critics of its management of Mission Health Full story
12. Is your hospital losing money in the informed consent process? Learn more.
13. Vidant Health lays off 191 workers Full story
14. CMS creates new code for coronavirus tests
15. 7 things to know about Generation Z patients, workers Full story
16. CEO Robert Garrett: How Hackensack Meridian is modernizing mental health treatment Full story