1. Trump: US in 'close communication' with China over coronavirus Full story
2. Coronavirus death count passes 100 with nearly 5k cases reported Full story
3. Epic: HHS interoperability rule risks patient privacy Full story
4. Healthcare's affordability crisis won't be fixed overnight. Here's what hospitals can do to help patients
5. Thrilled to welcome terrific health system CEOs Lloyd Dean, CommonSpirit Health; Nancy Howell Agee, Carilion Clinic; Sister Mary Haddad, Catholic Health Association of the United States; Rod Hochman, MD, Providence St. Joseph Health; Wright Lassiter III, Henry Ford Health System; Warner L. Thomas, Ochsner Health System; Stephen Klasko, MD, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health; Michael A. Slubowski, Trinity Health; and Melinda L. Estes, MD, Saint Luke’s Health System, to the Becker's Hospital Review 11th Annual Meeting. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Orlando Health hit with whistleblower suit alleging forced referrals Full story
7. HCA's profit tops $1B in Q4 Full story
8. 3 must-reads:
Most health system own more clinical assets than needed to meet patient demand. Click here to learn how a data-driven approach to asset management can boost the bottom line.
Is your hospital really ready to innovate? Learn more about cost-effective care models that transformed hospitals.
Birth rates are going down, but labor and delivery costs continue to increase. Click here to learn how to prevent costly complications.
9. Seattle hospital strike begins: 5 things to know Full story
10. Flaw in LabCorp website exposes thousands of medical documents Full story
11. Colorado hospitals to blame for state's high healthcare costs, report says Full story
12. 8 must-reads for CIOs to maximize IT spending in 2020
13. Kaleida Health CEO Jody Lomeo to step down Full story
14. Practice Fusion to pay $145M settlement, resolves kickback allegations: 7 key details Full story
15. Grocery store pharmacies across the country finding it harder to stay in business Full story
16. Texas hospital challenges $300K penalty caused by typo Full story
17. What the .org sale could mean for healthcare Full story