1. Rates charged by hospitals have soared, study finds Full story
2. Verity to close Los Angeles hospital Full story
3. 6 recent hospital and health system executive resignations Full story
4. Keep cybercriminals out of patient data without burdening physicians — Learn more
5. Thrilled to welcome terrific health system CEOs Lloyd Dean, CommonSpirit Health; Nancy Howell Agee, Carilion Clinic; Sister Mary Haddad, Catholic Health Association of the United States; Rod Hochman, MD, Providence St. Joseph Health; Wright Lassiter III, Henry Ford Health System; Warner L. Thomas, Ochsner Health System; Stephen Klasko, MD, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health; Michael A. Slubowski, Trinity Health; and Melinda L. Estes, MD, Saint Luke’s Health System, to the Becker's Hospital Review 11th Annual Meeting. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Beaumont inks definitive agreement to acquire Summa Health Full story
7. Learn how to identify deficiencies in a trauma program and avoid fallout after a change in nurse leadership in this upcoming webinar.
8. Hospital M&A update: 8 recent deals Full story
9. Court reverses ruling, Texas hospital must now keep infant on life support Full story
10. CMS releases MIPS results for 2018: 5 things to know Full story
11. AMA, Trinity Health collaborate to fight cardiovascular disease — Learn more
12. Geisinger cited for infection control issues after NICU deaths Full story
13. Healthcare bureaucracy cost $812B in 2017 Full story
14. How UMass Memorial cut executive payroll in half Full story
15. HCA buys majority stake in multistate nursing school Full story
16. 14 highest-paying healthcare jobs in 2020 Full story