1. North Carolina governor's $1B behavioral health plan would raise reimbursements Full story
2. Tennessee physician, wife get 20 years in prison, pay $100M for opioid and fraud charges Full story
3. UCLA Health to expand homeless medical and behavioral healthcare with $25M grant Full story
4. Illinois depopulating psych hospital where 49 are charged with felonies from patient beatings Full story
5. Tired of health tech trial and error? Here's how this proven solution helped Northwell & Prisma Health improve care, reduce staff burden and achieve true ROI.
6. Dr. Frank Fortunati, 'transformative' medical director of psychiatry at Yale New Haven, dies of cancer at 58 Full story
7. Former NFL star Steve Smith, Alliance Health open behavioral health center in Charlotte Full story
8. Arkansas med board chair, a psychiatrist, resigns over fraud claims big enough to skew state averages Full story
9. Mental health care is vital — but how do patients find it when nearly 20% of all U.S. counties have zero mental health providers? Step out of the dark ages with these tools and best practices.
10. Therapy Brands partners with WebMD Full story
11. Behavioral health conditions are Washington's leading cause of death in pregnancy Full story
12. Oklahoma department of mental health sued over jail mental health crisis Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Where is patient engagement heading? 38,000 hospitals weigh in here.
2. Legacy IT systems and point solutions complicate digital transformation. Here are 5 ways to overcome those challenges and drive change.
3. UAB Hospital shortened wait times and boosted clinic visits 7.4% — without the need for a costly expansion project. See how one of the nation's busiest outpatient centers did it.