1. Texas' $200M psychiatric hospital and 16 other new centers, partnerships in December Full story
2. Mental health by the numbers in 2022: 20 stats to know Full story
3. AHA's behavioral health committee names new chairs, members Full story
4. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
5. AmerisourceBergen sued again for potential billions over opioid allegations Full story
6. Congress passes bill to stop payers from opting out of mental health coverage Full story
7. Hospitals are reeling from clinician shortages and the steep costs of travel nurse stopgaps. Learn how Mercy built a flexible nursing "gig" workforce while slashing agency spend by 50%.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How 4 health systems fill behavioral health gaps with automated care programs
2. IU Health isn't letting data gaps stand in the way of making health equity a reality. Here's how your health system can do the same.
3. Pain often hinders healing and inflates the cost of care — but it doesn't have to. The right therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.