8 Questions Providers Should Ask Clearinghouses Regarding ICD-10

As hospitals and other providers work toward the implementation of ICD-10, third-party billing services need to be part of the transition process, according to a recent CMS update.

CMS recommended providers that work with clearinghouses and other billing services reach out to those companies and ask the following eight questions.

•    Are you prepared to meet the ICD-10 deadline of Oct. 1, 2014? Where is your organization in the transition process?

•    Can you verify you have updated your system to Version 5010 standards for electronic transactions?

•    Who will be my primary contact at your organization for the ICD-10 transition?

•    Can we set up regular check-in meetings to keep progress on track?

•    What are your plans for testing claims containing ICD-10 codes? How will you involve your clients, such as my organization, in that process?

•    Can my organization send test claims with ICD-10 codes to see if they are accepted? If so, when will you begin accepting test claims?

•    Can you provide guidance or training on how my clinical documentation will have to change to support ICD-10 coding?

•    Do you anticipate any pricing changes for your services due to the switch to ICD-10?

More Articles on ICD-10:

ICD-10 Financial Risk Assessment Should Include CIOs

6 Observations on Hospitals and ICD-10 Going Into 2013

ICD-10: A Bad Moon Rising?

Copyright © 2024 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars