Report: 40% of EHR Buyers Replacing Current System



About 40 percent of providers shopping for a new electronic health record system during the first quarter of 2014 were seeking a replacement for their current EHR, according to a survey from EHR reviewer Software Advice.

The percent of prospective buyers looking for a replacement EHR has grown 30 percent since the first quarter of 2013.

The majority (85 percent) of those looking to replace their EHR system last quarter currently has a commercial system; the remaining 15 percent are looking to replace a hybrid EHR-paper chart system.

The top reasons for wanting a replacement EHR system include:

    • Current system is cumbersome
    • Seeking integration with other systems
    • Need for regulatory compliance
    • Current system is outdated

Survey results are based on the responses from 385 providers looking for a new EHR system during Q1 2014.

More Articles on EHRs:

10 Things to Know About Epic
ECRI Institute Convenes Stakeholders to Improve Health IT Safety
Report: EHR Satisfaction, Vendor Loyalty Surges Among Primary Care Physicians


© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2021. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.


Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars