McKesson, Change Healthcare complete merger

Staff - Print  | 

McKesson and Change Healthcare have completed a merger that combines the majority of McKesson Technology Solutions and substantially all of Change Healthcare's business.

As announced in January, the new company will be called Change Healthcare.

The two companies first unveiled plans to combine McKesson's IT business unit and all of Change Healthcare's businesses into a separate company in June 2016. Three months later, the Department of Justice began examining potential antitrust concerns regarding the proposed merger, but the DOJ ended its investigation in late December 2016.

As previously announced, Neil de Crescenzo will serve as CEO of the new company. The following officers have also been appointed:

Through the merger, McKesson owns around 70 percent of the new company and Change Healthcare stockholders own the remaining 30 percent.

Copyright © 2021 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.