1. US unveils plan to boost pandemic preparedness: 4 key objectives Full story
2. Philips Respironics recalls 1M more sleep masks Full story
3. Atlanta hospital reports 30% more patients 4 days after Wellstar ED closure Full story
4. The future of the healthcare supply chain: Thought leaders weigh-in on driving trends. Click here to read more on what's next for healthcare supply chain.
5. J&J weighs workforce cuts before consumer health business spinoff Full story
6. Providence, Cleveland Clinic CEOs tapped for GE Healthcare board appointments Full story
7. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
8. Medtronic heartware devices: 2 updates Full story
9. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
10. Indiana health system names human resources, supply chain directors Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.