1. 3M to spin off $8.6B healthcare business to publicly traded company Full story
2. Medline to close North Carolina plant, lay off 97 workers Full story
3. Bavarian Nordic weighs 24-hour emergency production after WHO monkeypox declaration Full story
4. 6.4% quit the healthcare industry in 2021. Here's how 6 leaders turned it into a growth opportunity.
5. 429 hospitals with 5 stars from CMS: 2022 Full story
6. Hospitals are closing ORs on a daily basis, even without a COVID-19 surge Full story
7. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
8. Hospitals 'rob Peter to pay Paul' Full story
9. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
10. US News' Best Hospitals 2022-23 Honor Roll Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There's a way out of the patient experience crisis. Leaders from Ochsner Health, RWJBarnabas Health + more share how to get there in this brief report.
2. Positive patient experiences affect healthcare organizations and patients. Find the top 10 ways to satisfy your patients and how it drives revenue here.
3. Reflect reality with this data method to improve patient outcomes - all while protecting patient privacy.