1. OIG tags Kansas hospital for erroneous billing Full story
2. Kaiser to give 85,000 staff 'hero bonus' Full story
3. CMS to audit hospitals for compliance with price transparency rule in January Full story
4. CMS compliance 2021: How to meet interoperability rule requirements by the deadline. Click here to view the presentation.
5. Congress passes COVID-19 relief, spending bill: Here's what hospitals should know Full story
6. Philadelphia health system merger clears latest FTC challenge Full story
7. CMS issues final rule to promote value-based purchasing of drugs Full story
8. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this white paper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
9. Florida physician pleads guilty to $29M fraud Full story
10. 16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent Full story
11. Surprise billing legislation passes in year-end spending deal Full story
12. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
13. South Carolina hospital CEO says Leapfrog is 'increasingly irrelevant,' disputes failing safety grade Full story
14. FDA investigating allergic reactions to Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
2. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
3. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.