1. 5 medical bills that made headlines this year Full story
2. Congress' last-minute $1.7 trillion omnibus package: 8 healthcare takeaways Full story
3. California hospital issues Warn Act notices to staff in case of closure Full story
4. Third-Party Liability programs — Hero or villain? Here are 5 common mistakes to avoid + practical strategies to make TPL programs a hero.
5. 35+ healthcare bankruptcies in 2022 Full story
6. CMS floats 'healthcare attachments' transactions rule to save $454M a year in administrative costs Full story
7. Man waiting in ED threatened to blow up Pennsylvania hospital Full story
8. Point-of-service collections done right: Watch now and learn 4 tips to collect more revenue up front.
9. Mistrial declared in $158M Texas healthcare fraud case Full story
10. The biggest misconception about health system CFOs Full story
11. HHS proposes new HIPAA rule for sending attachments for prior authorizations Full story
12. Staffing shortages have compromised the patient experience. Intelligent automation offers a path to deliver more human-centric care. Learn how.
13. 38% of Americans are confused by their medical bills: 4 things to know Full story
14. 11 called-off hospital deals Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
2. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
3. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.