1. HCA defeats billing fraud claims Full story
2. BCBS of North Carolina using 'strongarm tactics' ahead of No Surprises Act rollout, anesthesiologists allege Full story
3. Ascension Florida rescinds suspensions of unvaccinated workers Full story
4. Patients are exhausted, not empowered by your revenue cycle. Here's how to make the shift.
5. HHS distributes $7.5B in pandemic aid to providers Full story
6. Former Hacienda HealthCare CEO sentenced for fraud Full story
7. Humana, Allina Health forge value-based agreement Full story
8. Biden administration to invest $1.5B in healthcare workforce Full story
9. Systems are revolutionizing their revenue cycles. Are you?
- Billing the VA is a challenge. Click here to learn how other hospitals are successfully collecting on their claims.
- Beat slow payer responses and shrinking margins with a new denial strategy. Read about Yale New Haven's here.
- Don't let poor data steer your patient engagement strategy in the wrong direction. Here's how to figure out what's working, what isn't and where to go from there.
10. HHS secretary defends surprise-billing arbitration process Full story
11. Ascension's net income dips by more than $1B in Q1 Full story
12. Dr. David Feinberg shares strategy for Cerner & the leadership advice that has guided his career Full story
13. Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
14. 20 states with most, least expensive 2022 monthly average premiums Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth moves beyond video visits for quick scripts. Learn why patient engagement apps lead to better outcomes + lower costs.
2. AI-driven automation can save a hospital millions — these 6 must-reads explain which tools to adopt.
3. Healthcare's digital era has arrived — these 10 must-reads will help hospitals respond.