1. Healthcare exec pleads guilty to part in $1.2B Medicare fraud scheme Full story
2. 900+ Mayo Clinic workers diagnosed with COVID-19 in past 2 weeks Full story
3. More providers inflating prices for out-of-network COVID-19 tests, insurer survey says Full story
4. Planning for 2021 looks like nothing we've seen before. Click here to join healthcare execs as they share their revenue cycle strategies for the new year.
5. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 13 latest deals Full story
6. Chinese billionaire sells $41M worth of CHS stock Full story
7. 5 tips for a smooth EHR-to-EHR transition Full story
8. Out-of-state Medicaid claims — An overlooked revenue opportunity in a revenue-lite year. Click here to read more.
9. Ex-employee sentenced for defrauding Georgia hospital to buy 93 guns Full story
10. Allina Health loss grows to $154M over 9 months Full story
11. 10 health systems opening hospitals Full story
12. How to build a holistic revenue recovery strategy. Click here to download the step-by-step guide.
13. US daily death toll highest since May; Pfizer's vaccine 95% effective -- 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
14. Millennials more likely to see surprise medical bills, survey finds Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.
2. 6 strategies to bolster hospital 'rainy day' funds. A quick guide for healthcare leaders.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.