1. 2 killed in explosion at Connecticut hospital Full story
2. CommonSpirit posts $800M net income in Q1 Full story
3. 12 hospitals have closed during the COVID-19 pandemic Full story
4. Healthcare leaders, don’t miss TransUnion Healthcare’s virtual Health Finance Symposium session; The Evolving Role of Hospital CFOs on November 18. Fitch Ratings will review its latest research and financial outlook for hospitals, and we’ll host a panel discussion with finance leaders. Register now.
5. Biden's take on digital health: 4 key points Full story
6. 31 recent hospital, health system exec moves Full story
7. US records 1M cases in week; Moderna's vaccine 94.5% effective -- 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
8. Does your health system know how to cut through the noise to best utilize the mass availability of data at its fingertips? Click here to learn 3 strategies to get the most out of your data.
9. Baylor Scott & White's operating income nearly doubles Full story
10. Utah hospital stops conspiracy theorists attempting to sneak in, disprove ICU capacity claims Full story
11. Cyberattacks on healthcare providers expected to triple next year Full story
12. The business case for innovative therapies: How to overcome the cost and administrative challenges associated with cutting-edge treatments and change patients lives. Click here to download the guidebook.
13. CHS wants out of Mississippi hospital lease Full story
14. 10 latest healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Out-of-state Medicaid claims — An overlooked revenue opportunity in a revenue-lite year. Click here to read more.
2. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.