1. UPMC received $6.4M in overpayments for high-risk diagnoses, inspector general finds Full story
2. Health officials say too few boosters behind rising COVID hospitalizations in parts of California Full story
3. 10 most cost-efficient hospitals in America Full story
4. Patients are exhausted, not empowered by your revenue cycle. Here's how to make the shift.
5. Class action targets UnitedHealth behavioral care coverage guidelines, claim bundling Full story
6. OIG amends healthcare fraud self-disclosure protocol Full story
7. Cash discounts can save high-deductible health plan patients money, study finds Full story
8. Tenet strikes $1.2B surgery center deal Full story
9. Labor costs are bad — a growing labor shortage makes it worse. Here's how 8 executives are meeting the challenge.
10. 25 attorneys general urge court to block New Jersey hospital merger Full story
11. Viewpoint: New No Surprises Act dispute rule could reduce premiums, payments Full story
12. EHR vendor cyberattack exposes nearly 320,000 patients' info Full story
13. AI & RPM aren't just for clinical use — learn 6 ways this tech improves the revenue cycle.
14. 7 latest hospital lawsuits, settlements Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospital execs are using cybernetics to enhance patient experiences, reduce employee strain — here's how.
2. Current capacity management methods no longer cut it. See how hospitals are responding to rising patient volumes more strategically here.
3. Telehealth is entering a critical new phase. Learn why top execs are adopting a smart-growth approach to planning.