1. UnitedHealthcare, Prisma Health divided on contract impasse Full story
2. 93% of nonexempt hospitals have been hit with readmission penalties in last 10 years Full story
3. 946 UNC patients' billing info potentially exposed by unauthorized account access Full story
4. AI & RPM aren't just for clinical use — learn 6 ways this tech improves the revenue cycle.
5. Federal court freezes Biden's vaccination requirement for private businesses Full story
6. California hospital to end acute care, close ED Full story
7. Hospitals throw support behind UPMC in battle with feds Full story
8. Kaiser net income drops to $1.6B in Q3 Full story
9. Billing the VA is a challenge. Click here to learn how other hospitals are successfully collecting on their claims.
10. Gottlieb: 'We're close to the end of the pandemic phase' Full story
11. 35% of patients report deferring care over existing medical debt Full story
12. Medical loss ratios up across the board: How 6 payers fared in Q3 Full story
13. Automated, data-driven decisions save time and money. Here are 3 ways to boost your performance.
14. 23 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Execs are capitalizing on pandemic-era insurance coverage shakeups with these 4 approaches.
2. The weak spots in your care transitions are showing — learn how to identify them and reduce the risk of harm here.
3. Patient data can come from GPs, hospitals, ASCs + more. Click here to learn how to view it all in one place.