1. CMS penalizes 2,499 hospitals for high readmissions: 5 things to know Full story
2. Former Texas nurse sentenced for murder of 4 patients Full story
3. Hospitals slam study saying provider relief funds went to wealthy hospitals Full story
4. Michigan Medicine increased infusion center capacity without expanding — learn how here.
5. Voting rights PAC erases $212M in medical debt Full story
6. UnitedHealthcare sues TeamHealth, alleges $100M fraud Full story
7. As the pandemic phases out, how do we talk about it? Full story
8. CHS sees profit rise, faces lawsuit over Quorum bankruptcy Full story
9. Automated, data-driven decisions save time and money. Here are three ways to boost your performance.
10. New York hospital suspends nonemergency surgeries, cites staff shortage Full story
11. 5 payers adopting 'virtual-first' models combining digital, in-person care Full story
12. Trinity Health resumes EHR rollout after pandemic forces pause: 3 updates 1 year later Full story
13. Cut costly readmissions by providing better support to family caregivers. Join this discussion for 10 strategies on how to do it.
14. Methodist Le Bonheur calls potential for US intervention in fraud suit 'abusive' Full story
15. 50 states ranked by their healthcare workforce Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There are 3 steps needed to improve the patient financial experience — learn them here.
2. Medical knowledge doubles every 73 days. Learn 3 ways to help your clinical teams keep up here.
3. Don't let poor data steer your patient engagement strategy in the wrong direction. Here's how to figure out what's working, what isn't and where to go from there.