1. Hospitals on track for worst financial year in decades Full story
2. 12 recent RCM mergers and acquisitions Full story
3. How a billing expert knocked thousands off Wisconsin hospital ER charge Full story
4. Hospitals that aren't prepared for CURES Act penalties are at a serious financial risk. Here's how to prepare.
5. HCA reorganizing operations Full story
6. Texas physician guilty in $54M Medicare fraud scheme Full story
7. What a Texas hospital CEO did to 'immediately and significantly' improve financial performance Full story
8. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
9. CEOs are leaving their jobs at younger ages Full story
10. Former nurse charged with 2 patient deaths at Atrium hospital Full story
11. UHS reports lower profit amid staffing shortages Full story
12. The most successful hospitals tackle denials from all sides. Get expert strategies to quickly resolve denied claims and prevent future ones to maximize reimbursement.
13. 8 updates on medical debt Full story
14. 6 updates on 'escape variants' BQ.1 and BQ.1.1 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's patients expect a compassionate financial experience, but not every organization is delivering. Maintain a competitive advantage with these tips.
2. State of claims 2022: Survey suggests denials are up 10 to 15%. Click here for more findings and analysis.
3. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.