1. Ascension to close hospital, lay off 133 workers Full story
2. Hospitals likely to end 2022 in the red despite August boost, report says Full story
3. Providence responds to New York Times billing practice report Full story
4. Yesterday's strategy won't keep your hospital afloat in today's economy. Get expert tips on preparing for market shifts and securing hospital finances.
5. 7-hospital system files for bankruptcy Full story
6. 9 RCM headlines from September to know Full story
7. AMA President Dr. Jack Resneck Jr. on the fight to fix prior authorization, physician burnout Full story
8. Self-pay accounts are time-consuming and expensive, but they're also on the rise. Watch now and learn how to protect your margins in unpredictable financial times.
9. Supreme Court declines 10 states' challenge to CMS' vaccine mandate Full story
10. 9 health systems installing new EHR systems Full story
11. New medical debt reporting rules falling short with some Americans: report Full story
12. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
13. Congressional Budget Office pitches healthcare price growth cap Full story
14. Duke LifePoint hospital under CMS review for alleged EMTALA violations Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare's latest transformation puts finance staff at the forefront of decision making. Unpack how your finance team can enhance outcomes for stakeholders here.
2. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
3. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.