1. 9 hospitals have closed this year — here's why Full story
2. Epic, Oracle Cerner execs have big growth plans Full story
3. States with lowest average healthcare costs Full story
4. 90% of denials are preventable — with the right strategies. Get tips to quickly identify and address denials to recoup more revenue here.
5. Bon Secours responds to New York Times article regarding 'profit over patients' Full story
6. Why Texas will be the center of No Surprises Act litigation Full story
7. These are the largest US counties with the most medical debt Full story
8. Yesterday's strategy won't keep your hospital afloat in today's economy. Get expert tips on preparing for market shifts and securing hospital finances.
9. Indiana system to pay $2.9M to settle Medicaid overbilling allegations Full story
10. HHS must eliminate Medicare appeals backlog, AHA says Full story
11. HCA hospitals make 16 leadership changes Full story
12. No hospital wants to see a rise in secondary reviews. Here are the changes physician advisors need to work more efficiently.
13. Oracle to pay $23M to settle foreign bribery allegations Full story
14. Yale New Haven Health still eyeing 3 new hospitals despite recent job cuts Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare's antiquated hiring processes may be deterring new talent. Onboard more candidates in less time here.
2. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
3. Is prior authorization slowing down your care processes? Learn how electronic tools allowed 71% of providers in one program to deliver faster care.