1. 11 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. AMA, AHA move to dismiss No Surprises Act lawsuit, but concerned about final rule Full story
3. Pandemic 'is not where it was,' Biden clarifies Full story
4. What financial and revenue cycle challenges do you face? Fill out this 10-minute survey from Becker's & PwC to receive free registration to Becker's Health IT + RCM event.
5. Texas physician 'gold card' rules take effect Oct. 1 Full story
6. 5 health systems hit with credit downgrades Full story
7. Michigan physician convicted of $1.8M fraud scheme Full story
8. Self-pay accounts are time-consuming and expensive, but they're also on the rise. Watch now and learn how to protect your margins in unpredictable financial times.
9. Centene to pay Texas $165M to settle Medicaid fraud allegations Full story
10. 62 benchmarks on nonprofit hospital CEO pay in 11 metro areas Full story
11. The top-rated Medicare plans in each state Full story
12. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
13. New Jersey hospital owner knew dozens of guns were kept in closet, police report says Full story
14. 10 happiest, unhappiest states in America Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.
3. Health systems must change how they invest in growth to survive in this competitive industry. Get tips on creating sustainable revenue growth using intelligent automation here.