1. Texas hospital says coding problem caused $555K COVID-19 billing error Full story
2. California hospital ends Anthem contract after alleged contract breaches Full story
3. 42 medical professionals among those charged in alleged $1.4B healthcare fraud Full story
4. The transition of care is starting to prove costly for health systems. Here's the financial lever hospitals are engaging to alleviate that.
5. Anthem hit with federal penalty over plan spending Full story
6. CMS announces open enrollment period extension, relaunches outreach program Full story
7. Recruiter pulled names from Craigslist to defraud CHS, Quorum, feds say Full story
8. CommonSpirit rebounds, posts $998M operating income Full story
9. Clinical research is robust and timely. Here's how real world data streamlines the process for everyone involved.
10. 33 recent hospital, health system exec moves Full story
11. Kentucky health systems fire staff who refuse vaccination Full story
12. 7 hospital CIOs share their most exciting EHR project this year Full story
13. Incision management just got easier. Here's the simple change practices are making to reduce wound complications.
14. The 50 largest public hospitals in America | 2021 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's the era of misinformation. Learn how to protect your star ratings with a trusted knowledge source.
2. It's time to make life easier for ED clinicians — Here's how
3. Billing the VA is a challenge. Click here to learn how other hospitals are successfully collecting on their claims.