1. Physician 'gold card' law to reduce prior authorization delays in Texas Full story
2. Unvaccinated COVID-19 hospitalizations cost $5.7B in 3 months, analysis says Full story
3. Biden, health execs to meet on vaccination strategies Full story
4. The transition of care is starting to prove costly for health systems. Here's the financial lever hospitals are engaging to alleviate that.
5. Colorado hospitals treating some accident injuries must bill Medicare before patient Full story
6. Justice Department alleges data-mining company helped health plan overcharge millions Full story
7. Raise the price transparency noncompliance fee from $300 to $5.5K a day, researchers say Full story
8. New CMS rule requires hospitals, not vendors, to do annual safety self-checks: 5 details Full story
9. Patient expectations are evolving. Click here for 5 ways to ensure your organization is meeting their new demands.
10. 6 transactions involving HCA Healthcare Full story
11. 10 states with largest COVID-19 case increases in last week Full story
12. Anthem, Hartford HealthCare team up on value-based care agreement Full story
13. The 1 strategy you need to supercharge revenue.
14. 13 hospital construction projects worth $500M or more Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 altered the retirement timetable. Read the 2021 Retirement Survey Report to learn how health systems can respond.
2. Your hospital's vendor access is probably disorganized. Here's how to standardize it + ensure HIPAA compliance.
3. No coding skills? No problem. Learn how leaders can harness no-code software to transform healthcare workflows in this 5-part guide.