1. Biden to nix Medicare coverage of breakthrough medical technologies: 4 details Full story
2. A breakdown of 11 recent CMS actions Full story
3. Texas hospital pays $555K to resolve allegations of submitting improper claims to COVID uninsured program Full story
4. 3 in 4 patients want online scheduling. Are you meeting their needs? Learn the state of patient access in a pandemic-changed world.
5. 2 injured in fire at 257-bed New York hospital Full story
6. Henry Ford closes 120 beds due to staffing shortage Full story
7. Boosters not needed in general population, FDA, WHO scientists say Full story
8. Regulators approve UVM Medical Center's 6% patient payment boost, but cut private insurer payments Full story
9. Make surgical site complications a thing of the past. Learn how to prep patients for a successful discharge.
10. More than 25% of high-priced hospitals are in low concentrated markets: 5 details Full story
11. Texas hospital faces closure over vaccine mandate, CEO says Full story
12. 5 recent lawsuits, settlements involving payers Full story
13. How 2 physician experts define success in musculoskeletal value-based care.
14. Top 10 universities for healthcare professions in 2022, per US News Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Virtual healthcare is positioned to address social determinants. Click here for 3 reasons it will work.
2. Complexity simplified: A quick guide to the medical coding landscape and uncomplicating value-based documentation.
3. 97% of medical practices lost money amid the pandemic. Here's how Colorado Pain Care, OrthoTexas and others have responded.